Friday, April 13, 2007

Communicating Better with our children

Effective communicating methods are essential when wanting to communicate with your child. Your job as a parent is to listen aggressively and not passively to your child request and concerns. I find it quite necessary to give my daughter my undivided attention when she wants to talk to me. I have to catch myself sometimes because I occasionally do not be listening with my ears as I should all the time while she's talking to me. I have to stop what I'm doing especially if it's something of importance. I let my daughter share her daily activities to me, and I ask her how her day at school went. If she says o.k. then I ask what she'd learn for the day.
Oftentimes once settled in from school and giving her something to either drink or eat; she revives herself and often speaks of the episodes of the day. By just listening and not asking more questions I learn about her whole day at school and everything else that took place with her and her classmates, teachers, and coming events. The more you let your child talk; the more you will find out about there day at school or when they go and be with other people. Listening to your children is one effective communicating method you should learn to master. This way when your child or children are ready to communicate with you they will trust you more; and will not hesitate or mind sharing there feelings with you because they know you will give them your undivided attention with a listening ear. more

No comments:

  • International Movers Blog
  • Beautiful Cities
  •